Teen Driver's Education: Safeway (School Year)
Safeway Driving School was selected by Osseo Area Schools and the Community Engagement department to provide teen driver's education. Safeway is the largest driving school in Minnesota, instructing over 5,500 teens this year alone. It has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and is a BBB Accredited Business. Safeway has 55 experienced instructors background checked by the MN Dept. of Public Safety. When creating your account online, please follow the steps below:
1. Enter in your information and submit
2. Click the family tab and choose to add a relationship
3. Click child in the drop down menu (as how they are related to you)
4. Add your child's information (as much information as possible so we can support their classroom experience)
5. Then search for your Safeway course and register - registration CLOSES at 12 pm on the 2nd day of class.
6. You can call, stop by the office or go online to register. If you have ANY questions, call Community Education at 763-391-7119
Classroom Training - can be taken by students who are 14-1/2 years or older and consists of 10 three-hour lessons. Each lesson is independent and can be taken in any order. If a lesson is missed, the student can make it up when and where it is convenient at either another Osseo Area Schools class or at a Safeway classroom. Lesson calendars are all available on Safeway's website at www.safewaydrivingschool.com
Behind-the-Wheel Training - consists of 3 two-hour private lessons which can be scheduled online or by calling Safeway's office at 651-351-9150. Pick-up and drop-off is at home, school or work. Training is done in a white late-model car with Safeway's "Student Driver" graphics.
Payment Options - You may either pay the full $395 upfront or you can pay $245 upon registration with $75 due at your 1st behind-the-wheel and $75 at the 2nd behind-the-wheel.
PROGRAM INCLUDES: Classroom and behind-the-wheel lessons and all class materials. Classroom instruction is 30 hours and behind-the-wheel training is 6 hours.
If you miss a lesson, you need to make up the exact lesson you miss. All classroom schedules can be found at www.safewaydrivingschool.com. Please do not make up a lesson if the online calendar says CLASS FULL.
Park Center High School : 191 and 192
No Class May 29
Online registration is over